Boligdeal launches new guide: Rentingsafely.com
As you probably already know, the housing market in Copenhagen can be extremely difficult and crowded, and the last thing you want to is to fall for a rental scam. Especially in the months July/August, we hear stories of international students as Danish students being scammed on the private housing market, which is a truly bad start to searching for an apartment in Denmark. People from other countries looking for housing in Denmark can also get a quick overview of the chaotic Danish housing market at www.findhousingdenmark.com.
Therefor Boligdeal.dk is now launching www.rentingsafely.com and www.snydboligsnyderne.dk, to help anyone searching for housing, so they aren’t getting in the hands of housing scammers, who want to trick a deposit of you. Even though the crime-rates in Denmark are low, scams do occur.
Rentingsafely.com collect information about advice and tips for identifying and avoiding housing scams. By following some simple guidelines when searching for housing, you can minimize or almost eliminate the probability of getting scammed for a deposit or down payment.
You should never do the following during your apartment search
- Do not transfer a deposit to a foreign bank account.
- Do not transfer a deposit to a person that you have never met.
- Do not transfer a deposit before having a certain lease contract which has been signed by both parts.
- Do not transfer a deposit before making sure that the landlord in fact can rent out the apartment.
- Do not transfer a deposit before going to the apartment showcase.
Also read more about, how you should rent an apartment and how the scam works here
Useful links to get started in Denmark
Housing in Denmark
Housing in Copenhagen
Housing in Aarhus
Housing in Odense
Living in Copenhagen
Living in Aarhus
Living in Odense
Accommodation in Copenhagen
Accommodation in Aarhus
Accommodation in Odense
- 13. september 2018 Husejere udlejer deres boliger i stedet for at sælge
- 16. januar 2018 Danskernes dom: Her vil vi ikke bo!
- 28. februar 2017 Ny andelsbolig-app giver besked om nye andelsboliger med det samme
- 23. januar 2017 Boligdeal launches new guide: Rentingsafely.com
- 28. december 2016 Salg af andelsbolig - ny guide
- 20. december 2016 Housing in Denmark - new international guide
- 15. december 2016 Boligudlejning: Ny guide til boligudlejning
- 6. december 2016 Ny lejebolig-app giver besked om nye lejeboliger med det samme